Divorce is a hardship for everyone involved. If your divorce is mutual, you may be eligible for a Fast Dominican Divorce by mutual consent. Our multilingual divorce attorneys have 60 years of combined experience in the field. We will work with you to obtain a discreet, cost-effective, highly confidential and legally binding divorce. We are among the few Dominican law firms listed by the U.S. Embassy in the city of Santo Domingo. We will assist both parties throughout the entire process to ensure that your divorce is handled quickly with high confidentiality, professionalism, and integrity, so you can move on with your life as fast and as painless as possible, no matter where you live*
How does a Fast Dominican Divorce work?
According to Dominican Divorce Law No.142, foreign citizens and Dominican nationals residing outside of the Dominican Republic can submit themselves to the jurisdiction of the Dominican courts and file a divorce by mutual consent in one day. This provision waives domicile, residency, separation, and waiting periods.
You will fly to the Dominican Republic for 1 day, have your hearing, and generally, within 25 to 30 business days**, each spouse will receive a set of divorce documents. All terms and conditions of the martial separation agreement or property settlement distribution is kept totally confidential.
What is involved in a Fast Dominican Divorce?
A Fast Divorce requires a divorce by mutual consent. Both parties must:
- Be aware of the divorce proceeding during the entire time;
- Agree, in writing, to the division of assets, property, debts, child custody, child support, alimony and income tax considerations;
- Sign a Marital Separation Agreement and a Special Power of Attorney to our lawyers;
- Have the documents notarized and authenticated by the local authorities in their jurisdiction; and
- At least 1 of the spouses must fly to the Dominican Republic to appear in person before the judge at the divorce hearing.
Can U.S. citizens file for the Dominican Fast Divorce?
Yes. The Dominican Divorce is valid in the USA, Canada, Europe and several other countries worldwide*. It is also recognized by:
- The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- The U.S. Internal Revenue Service
- The U.S. Social Security Administration
- The U.S. Supreme Court
Where can I find more information?
For more information on the Fast Dominican Divorce, you can visit the follow websites:
- The Embassy of the United States in Santo Domingo on Divorce by mutual consent for U.S. citizens
- The U.S. Department of State on divorces overseas
- The Dominican Republic Embassy in the US
*Disclaimer: Not everybody is eligible to file for a Dominican Fast Divorce. While this proceeding does allow for foreign citizens to file their divorce in the Dominican Republic, there are certain conditions that apply and that might make one or both parties ineligible. Contact us today at [email protected] to see if you qualify.
** Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the fast divorce option is not available in all courts and the processing times are much longer than usual. Contact us today for more information.